When it comes to the presence of bugs in office buildings, there is a zero tolerance policy. Pest-related incidents can lead to potential fines from federal inspection agencies. Bug infestations can also pose serious risks to safety, health, and general morale of people working in the office building in question. To make sure you work in a safe, bug-free environment, some tips on how to get rid of bugs in an office building can be extremely helpful.
Bug Prevention in an Office Building
Bugs in office buildings often go undetected for long periods of time, by which time they can cause an infestation. It is important to do regular preventative bug control. You may think there is no chance your office building would be a suitable environment for bugs since you have never seen one, but you should inspect regularly and thoroughly anyway to protect your property and workers even from just the possibility of a bug infestation. This is not a job for one man, so your focus should be on team work. Consider calling a professional to perform regular inspections and properly address any existing bug problems.
How to Inspect for Bugs in an Office Building
Inspection is critical in an office building since bugs can be located anywhere and there are many hiding places. Make sure to do a regular inspection of all areas of building.
- If you notice any holes, crevices, or cracks, be sure to seal them with firm materials since these are the places bugs use to enter your office.
- Clean and vacuum all areas on a regular basis.
- Check for bugs or evidence thereof in bundles of wires, chairs, couches, desks, and areas beneath the floor level.
- Eliminate clutter as much as possible, especially in storage areas.
- Encourage employees to report any suspicions of bug activity. If someone does report, always contact a professional to inspect that area.
- Be careful when unpacking shipments and new inventory since bugs can be hiding inside just waiting to start an inspection in your office building.
- Inspect all items and packaging to check if there are any signs of bugs before bringing them into the building.
- If a bug infestation is established, contact a professional immediately to quickly address the problem.
How to Handle an Infestation in an Office Building
As you can see, little insects can cause big problems in an office building, so it’s not safe for one person to tackle this. If there is a bug infestation in your office building, you shouldn’t deal with it by yourself. If your property is not inspected by a professional, you may have serious problems. The solution with the best results is to call a professional to deal with the infestation.
Proudly serving the greater Chicagoland area in Illinois and southeast Wisconsin, the professional exterminators at Aerex Pest Control understand the habits of different pests and use that knowledge when developing a pest control program that is best suited to your home and your particular problem. Our technicians are professional, state certified, licensed applicators. Call today for your free consultation 847-255-8888 or click here for a free quick quote.