Back to school, back to school… It’s that time of year again! Back to school shopping is a yearly tradition for kids and parents. While they might be down in the dumps about the end of the summer, it is quickly offset by the excitement of new clothes and school supplies!
Here’s what your kid’s back to school checklist might look like this year:
- Bed Bugs
Wait…did you see anything interesting on that list? Perhaps even out of place? Bed bugs should definitely NOT be on your list of back to school supplies! Unfortunately, they might make their way back in your home. Whether you’re preparing for a first day of kindergarten or moving them into a dorm room, bed bug prevention should be part of your back to school preparations.
As you know, bed bugs are commonly found in hotels and vacation rentals. What you may not know is that they are on the rise in other types of dwellings, which can include schools and dormitories.
Don’t panic. Aerex Pest Control has key tips for preventing bed bugs. Just make sure to share them with your kids & college students!
- Inspect your children’s belonging’s daily. This means backpacks, coats, gym uniforms, bedding they have brought home from the dorms, etc.
- If living in a dorm, inspect mattress before putting sheets on the bed.
- Inspect the entire dorm room before unpacking. Leave any bags outside of the room or on a luggage carrier until the inspection is complete.
- Wash clothes in hot water.
- Ask the school what their plan of action is should an infestation be detected.
- Educate your children and college students on bed bugs, including identification, prevention and how they’re spread.
Bed bugs can happen anywhere – even at the cleanest of schools and universities. Lucky for you, Aerex Pest Control specializes in the termination of bed bugs. Contact Aerex if you suspect bed bugs in your home.