Restaurants are supposed to provide their guests with comfortable and safe environments for their guests. Insects can contaminate the food and other surfaces. The consequences of bugs infestations can be devastating for any restaurant. It can lead to damage to someone’s business reputation, loss of customers, and possible closure. Here are some basic tips on how to get rid of bugs in a restaurant.
You can manage bugs in your restaurant by taking some preventive measures. It’s easy to get rid of a few bugs you see on your restaurant floors, but the danger is when you see them regularly occurring. That’s usually a sign of an infestation. You should call a professional to inspect your restaurant at least twice a year just to make sure the area is clean.
Some prevention methods include…
- You should also close all openings around wiring, vents and drain pipes to keep them bug-free.
- A clean kitchen keeps the bugs away so kitchen equipment should be cleaned as often as possible.
- Keep foods covered, clean spilled food immediately and dispose of garbage and trash frequently.
How to get rid of bugs…
If you follow all the steps mentioned above, there is a good chance you are going to prevent bugs from settling in your restaurant. But, if you have problems with bugs often there are some things you can do.
- If you decide to use insecticides, check which are approved for the use in foodservice establishments.
- Eliminate bugs at the trash dumpsters before they invade your restaurant.
- Close dumpsters lids when not in use and keep these areas as clean as possible. You can also apply some kinds of bait to the collection areas.
Don’t risk the health and your restaurant’s reputation. Bugs are a big problem when they appear in a restaurant. If prevention methods don’t work and there is a recurring issue, the most effective approach is asking for help. A trained professional can get rid of bug infestations before it has implications on your business’ reputation.
Proudly serving the greater Chicagoland area in Illinois and southeast Wisconsin, the professional exterminators at Aerex Pest Control understand the habits of different pests and use that knowledge when developing a pest control program that is best suited to your home and your particular problem. Our technicians are professional, state certified, licensed applicators. Call today for your free consultation 847-255-8888 or click here for a free quick quote.