Having mice in your yard is both a nuisance and a health hazard. These pests can cause property damage, so it’s for the best to keep them far away from your home. When the weather gets cold, they start searching for a warm place to find shelter, so it’s important to do an outdoor mouse inspection. This is the only way to prevent them from finding a place in your home. In addition, removing rodents from your home can be a hassle.
Here are some tips for effective outdoor mice control:
- Mice are constantly searching for food. Your trash cans also look very inviting to them. In order to prevent mice, you need to place trash cans far from your home and seal them tightly.
- It’s important to inspect your property and seal all possible entry points because these pests can get into the house through even the tiniest hole. Make sure to check ventilation openings and the areas around pipes as well.
- To make your lawn less inviting to mice, keep your yard tidy and mowed.
- Remove piles and debris where mice like to hide and nest.
- Aside from being warm, mice enter our houses because there’s plenty of food for them. You shouldn’t leave any food or drinks outside to invite them to come in.
- Avoid poisoning or any other DIY pest control method. It can be dangerous for your pets and children, but it can also be ineffective when dealing with larger numbers of mice. When you notice a nest in your yard, it’s best to call a professional because mice can turn into an infestation fast.
- The most effective mouse extermination method is to contact a trained pest control professional. Some mice can transmit hantavirus or salmonella so it’s necessary to exterminate any mouse infestation.
As you can see, it’s much easier to do a regular outdoor mouse treatment than to deal with infestations. Once these pests invade your home it’s hard to exterminate them, so it’s best to get them under control before an infestation can even start.
Proudly serving the greater Chicagoland area in Illinois and southeast Wisconsin, the professional exterminators at Aerex Pest Control understand the habits of mice and use that knowledge when developing a mice control program that is best suited to your home and your particular problem. Our technicians are professional, state certified, licensed applicators. Call today for your free consultation 847-255-8888 or click here for a free quick quote.